How should I store my jewellery?
Storage is important. Always store your pieces - gemstones in particular - individually so that they don't rub together, scratch or tangle. Our enclosed pouches can be used to keep your pieces separate.
- Keep jewellery in a dark, cool and dry place. Sterling silver in particular will naturally oxidise over time when exposed to air, and eventually tarnish, and the best prevention for this is to store it in a sealed bag or airtight box when not being worn. We recommend occasional cleaning of your silver jewellery to maintain shine and keep oxidation at bay.
- Don't place jewellery in direct sunlight as prolonged exposure can cause gemstones to fade and lose their colour.
- Keep creams and sprays well away from your jewellery pieces as they are particularly susceptible to damage from the effects of chemicals in perfume, hairspray, make-up, nail polish remover, body ois, sunscreen and deoderant.
- If you live in a humid climate, always store your jewellery with the enclosed packet of desiccant crystals to help avoid any tarnishing.
- Keep chains fastened at the clasp to avoid tangling.